Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pastel Cropping

I took a small cropping of big pastels then I had to draw it over again. I had to do this three more times.  I did one big pastel of the small cropping on paper then a big painting on paper then we chose to either crop the big painting or stay with the small cropping.  I stayed with the small cropping.  

For the large painting we used acrylic paints and paper and big paint brushes. For the small painting we used the same as the large but on a canvas, and used smaller brushes.

I like the smaller painting the best because of the bold colours and the colours are well-blended.  You can see the brush strokes, which look interesting and professional.  

I do like the big painting as well I just would have liked to of  had better control of the brush strokes and I did not like the blending at all I found it was really hard to do.  The brushes liked to hold a lot of water.  I ended up get a big puddle of water on the paper.  I was glad it was easily fixed with paper towel  and by adding more paint otherwise it would have been ruined.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment