Tuesday, March 22, 2011

video on trial

For this assignment, we have to pick 2 videos; a good and a bad one. For my good video I chose P!nk -Raise Your Glass, and for my bad one I chose Willow Smith - Whip My hair.

Let's start with the bad one. :)

Willow Smith - Whip My Hair

For starts, I would like to say #!)*#&%)*!&#%)*&!#%)*&!#%)*!#%)*&%, sorry... My mic messed up. *Ahem* Moving on...

I would like to point out some of the more obvious but reasonably mentioned parts of this video that are solid proof it is legitimately horrible.

1. People like dressing to impress, and doing their hair, but there is nothing romantic OR impressive about a hairstyle that makes you look like a playing card that got tossed across the room. Even Alice in Wonderland had some more creative interpretations of the use of a heart, and those guys were probably too up in the clouds to realize what was fashion sensible.

2. She may tell us she's stopped sniffing glue, but she's certainly found another use for it on her train-wrecked nails, and zippers are for holding up you pants, not your nails. o.O

3. A lack of vocabulary is becoming more common in today's society, and noticeably in rap and hip hop music, but when you say the same line more than 30 times in the same song and call it poetry, you need a new hobby.


I picked pink raise your glass` for my good song
The energy in the song is consistent with the video. The message is easily understood, and sounds good. The only thing I didn't like about the video was the scene with the women hooked up to the machine, feeding the cow. I understand the message that it is showing how backwards society is, and even making fun of it, It just seams like it dosent fit in with the song. I don't really get why there's a hoolahooper in there either. I believe the message is for basically anyone and everyone to believe they are special no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment