Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Romanticism


In class we had to do a dry point print or a caloge so I chose to do a dry point print our topic was romanticism and I had the idea to do the have old lady and young girl to show a burock style to show that things dont last they will grow old I did the girl holding the ice cream half good and the other half started melting there's a clock in the back with the time which unfortunatley I put on backwards wi'jtch is something i  cant change i would change how the nose looks i would change a cscratch on the arm i really like the icecreem in the back and the charys on the icecrrem i think there cute i think its good i just wish it could have turnd out better with the sweter i like the drees on the young girls side

        In class, we had the option of making a dry point print, or a collage, for an image with the Romanticism style. I chose the dry point print as my medium. My idea was a mix of Romanticism and Baroque, with a split image between a young girl and an old lady, to represent the idea that all of the worlds pleasures and possessions are only temporary in this life and that they just slip away over time. I emphasized this by having the girl holding an ice cream cone, with the young girl holding one that's fresh, and the old lady holding one that is melting and dripping off the cone. I also made a clock in the background to put emphasis on the element of time.
         Unfortunately I ended up putting the clock numbers in backwards, which I had realized in the middle of etching, but continued doing it simply because there was no going back. I also wish I could fix an accidental scratch on her arm, and done better on the girls sweater and nose.
          I was happy with how the image turned out overall, and especially happy with the ice cream in the back, and the cherries, since they looked pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment